Join Our Lab
Our lab welcomes applications from undergraduate students and working professionals who would like experience in our line of research. As positions in our lab are limited, we selectively offer positions to highly motivated individuals who demonstrate interest in our work. We may offer work-study compensation for undergraduate students who are eligible and demonstrate strong independent skills. If you wish to join our lab, please reach out via email, include your current resume/CV, a brief explanation of interest, and use "Seeking Research Exposure" in the subject line.
Current Job Postings
Research Project Coordinator
- Status: Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
- Location: 100 North Bellefield Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Union Position: No Description: An ideal candidate will hold either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Psychology, Counseling, Neuroscience, Social Work, Sociology, or a related field, equivalent work experience, and have working knowledge of clinical mental health assessment. They will possess excellent time management and organizational skills and will demonstrate flexible and creative thinking skills. Interest or previous experience in data management and analysis is a plus but not required. Our Research Project Coordinator will:
- Oversee day-to-day research operations and manage our multidisciplinary research team
- Assist the Principal Investigator in annual report submission to funding agencies
- Plan and schedule lab events and research meetings
- Collaborate with other investigators in the department
- Provide guidance and training to the research staff with matters of clinical assessment and suicide risk, including when to follow suicide risk protocol and contact the study psychiatrist or emergency medical services
- Administer and eventually train staff members on clinical assessment including the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale, Structured Clinical Interview for DSM Disorders, and Beck Scale of Suicide Ideation.
- Assist with data entry and verification in the study's electronic database
- Serve as a liaison between our clinical, and data teams and the neuroimaging collaborators This position is grant funded with flexible start date. This person can start anytime during the spring to summer of 2023. Required Application Documents:
- Cover Letter. Including why you feel you could be a strong lab lead clinician/coordinator, and what interests you about potentially becoming involved in the PROTECT research lab, and what skills would you like to build while working here.
- CV or resume
- Writing Sample If considered for further consideration, we will ask you for references. For further information or to apply, please email Emma O’Brien (obrienej at upmc.edu) and Akira Wang (wangc14 at upmc.edu)